NatWest Group has launched a joint offer with Octopus Energy to help people and businesses go green and play an active role in tackling climate change.
The package available to NatWest Group’s retail, business and wealth customers will allow them to purchase Electric Vehicle charge points at discounted rates. This will include the entire stack of infrastructure, the technology and software needed to switch to electric vehicles. Also, on offer is an assessment of each customer’s needs.
Customers will be able to benefit from:
· Discounted EV charging technology and installation
· Funding options from NatWest
· Access to innovative and green electricity tariffs and smart meters from Octopus Energy
· Free access to Octopus Energy’s “Electric Juice Network” – which allows customers to access public charge points across the country, with all costs appearing on their energy bill
· Solar and battery technology to complement the core charging infrastructure offer
· Potential grid upgrade and access to fleet management software if required
James Close, head of climate change at NatWest Group said:
“By working with Octopus Energy, we are offering a bundled solution to help people and businesses go green. We are determined to play an active role in the UK’s transition to a low carbon economy and this access to EV charging technology will make it easier and more affordable for our customers to make a positive difference to our environment.”
Greg Jackson, ceo and founder of Octopus Energy added:
“Transport accounts for a third of the UK’s carbon emissions, making it the country’s largest emitting sector and in desperate need of transformation if we are to reach net zero. We are so excited that NatWest has committed to promoting sustainable practices and will be joining us on this mission to green our roads. If more people and businesses realised the savings they could get and switched to an EV, the benefits it would have on our planet would be massive.”